with Tim Soar
+44 (0)1792 296278
I teach regularly in the following places:
(click links for directions and more information)
Swansea: This is my home practice, where I am most of the time.
London: Monthly visits to central London; individual lessons available. Click here for dates.
Denmark: Three visits per year for lessons and workshops.
RWCMD: Lessons for students at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in Cardiff.
The Alexander Technique is a unique system of movement education and self awareness which enables us to "re-learn" the fundamental building-blocks of movement, posture, balance, breathing and reaction.
- relief from posture-related pain,
- greater body awareness,
- stress management and reduction of tension,
- improved results for performers and athletes,
- a more comfortable pregnancy,
- faster recovery following injury or surgery,
- better vocal use,
- management of some otherwise intractable conditions.
Tim has a great deal of experience of teaching people across a wide range of physical fitness and disability, and has taught regular students aged from nine to ninety! The Alexander Technique is a practical way to solve problems of tension and coordination whether your aim is to play concertos, run a marathon, or to make everyday movements with less difficulty.
Lessons in London
- Thursday afternoon, May 24th, at Imperial Wharf
- Friday morning, May 25th, at St Martin's Lane
- Thursday afternoon, June 28th, at Imperial Wharf
- Friday morning, June 29th, at St Martin's Lane
Please contact me to book, or for more information. The fee for a 45 minute lesson in London is £48.
You can send an email either directly to timothy.soar (at) gmail.com, or by using the form here - please be sure to type your own email address correctly! Alternatively, my (UK landline) telephone number is 01792 296278 - please leave a message if I’m not able to answer.